TQM (Total quality management)
- TQM is a concept given by W. Edwards Deming.
- TQM has main focus on customer satisfection & continuous quality improvement.
- In TQM “quality is a degree of exellence and total means the sum total of every process, every job, every resouces, output etc
Principles or Characteristics of TQM:
1) Total employees participation / involment :-
- Ensure participation of all employees who can help in achiving common goals by improving their efficiency .
- Management has to provide proper working enviroment and training to their employees
2) Customer Focus :-
- Ultimatly customers determine level of quality
- Management should focus on customers by improving quality of product and survices , employess .
3) Fact based decision making :-
- Management should take any decision on the basis of fact.
- Before taking any decision management should collect statical data and past performances.
4) Continuous Improvement :-
- Main objective of an organisation to maintain same level of performance at all time .
- For that top management always try to promote quality, creativity & innovation to achive it.
- Focus on five things to ensure constinuous improvement by TQM :
- Demand generation
- Supply generation
- Employees efficiency
5) Communication :-
Menagement should ensure any change in plan of organisation, any new decision shaell be communicated to employees .
WHAT IS SIX SIGMA?
- Main focus on TQM.
- Six sigma nothing but continuous defect disciplined, statistical-based, data-driven quality control program.
- It is a quality control program.
- It helps in eliminating defects in any product, process or service.
Components, techniques or tools of six sigma -
Six sigma training & certification level -
1. Six Sigma Champion :-
- It is most basic form of sigma statification.
- A champion understands the theory of six sigma management.
2. Six Sigma Green Belt :-
- Who completing training with team member.
- Who completed six sigma project.
3. Six Sigma Yellow Belt :-
- Who has passed the green belt certification examination but not yet completed a six sigma project.
4. Six Sigma Black Belt :-
- A black belt recieves the highest level of the traing in the statical tool of six sigma.
- Black belt usually train other team member on the proper use of six sigma
5. Six Sigma Master Black Belt :-
- Black belt is classically trained in statical tools.
- Master black belt mentor and direct group of black blet and six sigma team through various problem.
Need of six sigma -
- Helps in improving efficiency in an organisation.
- Based on fects & statical data.
- Reduces the cost of work.
- Helps in reduction of defects.
- Helps to increase customer satisfaction.
- Helps in quality improvement.
How the six sigma work -